Looking for quick and easy appetizers? These simple snack recipes are perfect for your ELITE Gold Party. Have you scheduled you ELITE Gold Party yet? If not, don’t wait! Get the party started by emailing us HERE. In this post y
- 2 packages (22 ounces each ) frozen fully cooked angus beef meatballs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Prepare meatballs according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, whisk together remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a simmer; cook 5 minutes. Stir in meatballs; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Not sure which brand of frozen meatballs to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Apple-Gouda Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 small apple, peeled and cut into 24 thin slices
- 6 thin slices Gouda cheese, quartered
- 24 miniature smoked sausages
- Honey mustard salad dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles; cut each lengthwise into three thin triangles. On the wide end of each triangle, place one slice apple, one folded piece cheese and one sausage; roll up tightly.
- Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, point side down. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with dressing.
Jack’s Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 to 4 whole dove or quail, cooked and deboned
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 serano or jalapeno pepper, seeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. (Discard stems or save for another use.)
- In a food processor, combine the dove, cheese, serrano, salt and pepper. Cover and pulse until finely chopped. Stuff mushroom caps with meat mixture. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Hearty Cheese Spread
- 1 Gouda cheese round in red wax covering (7 ounces), room temperature
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced smoked beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Apple slices or cracker
- Carefully slice through wax and cheese to within 1 in. of the bottom, forming eight pie-shaped wedges. Carefully fold wax back to expose cheese; remove cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the cheese until creamy. Add the beef, sour cream, relish and horseradish; mix well. Spoon into wax shell. Chill.
- Serve with apple slices or crackers.
For an exhaustive list check out all of the easy appetizer recipes at tasteofhome.com.